Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I love you Jimmy

As we get closer to the holidays and your birthday I can't help thinking how quickly this year has passed. Although it seems like a lifetime since I was telling you goodbye, I still can't believe it's been almost a year.
I think of you everyday. I look at Chaz and where he is today and I whisper a "Thank you" because I know that you had a hand in helping him find direction. So many things were headed in the wrong direction for him, he was laid off from a great job, he was loosing interest in school and confidence in himself. The day dad called and told me about what had happened to you Chaz and I were together moving his things back home because he couldn't afford to pay rent anymore. We cried together, tried our hardest to understand what had happened and why. Although it is still hard to understand the why I do know that you allowed Chaz the time to really consider his life and where he wanted and needed to be - and here we are not even a year later he is a Security Forces officer just days away from his new life and experiences and tells me everyday how happy he is with the decisions he has made and where he is today. I know without a doubt we would not be where we are today if not for you. Honestly it scares me to think where we might be if things had not changed for him.
I do think of you everyday, I wish things were different and you could be here this Thanksgiving to enjoy the food and family and fun. To see your sweet little boy who is growing up so fast.
I miss you Jimmy and I love you with all my heart.
Love,
Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment