Monday, January 5, 2009

I am so angry - the more I read about Oxycontin and Methadone the more disturbed I get - it is astonishing how many people have died - and our government passes optional laws? controls? I am so sad that Jimmy had to be another statistic - you go to the doctor and trust that they are making the right decisions for you and your health. How many people read every word about every prescription they receive? Jimmy didn't want to have risky surgery because he was aware of the risks, why wasn't he given the same information on the drugs he was being given - from what I have read the risks are much greater. Would his doctors have given his family member the same prescription with the same information? I am betting the answer is "No".
~Never Forget! I love you Jimmy! I promise you we will make a difference - save someones brother, father, son and friend ~ in your name this is our goal....

3 comments:

  1. This touches my heart deeply. We lost a 2 year old daughter after she contracted a virus (miocarditus) that ate away all of the tissue surrounding her heart within a week.We were not aware of this and had NO warning! She laughed and played right up until the moment she laid down and died in front of us. I have never felt that same about death from that moment on!! My heart is full for your family and I pray that you will feel comfort from the Lord and know that the awareness that you are giving people and sharing Jimmys story WILL make a difference. I knew that those drugs were powerful but now it is hitting a different cord in me!! Heavenly Father loves you and will provide the comfort your family needs at this time. My heart is full. You will be in my prayers!

    Sincerely,

    Stacie Hunt, St.George, Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to the feelings of anger with our government. Because of Big Pharma dollars, al ot get's by. We believe our 5 year old had a severe reaction to a series of vaccines at 3 months old causing his autism. It's frustrating and sometimes you just feel down right hopeless. You trust these people to help you, but sometimes money gets in the way because of "few people" that get hurt. I somehow think those numbers are a lot higher than what get published.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete